Nursing in danger

Steven Falcone, Contributor
February 8, 2012

We all know the economy is sour and how businesses are suffering. The current recession could hit closer to home than we think.  College students everywhere are having a hard time finding jobs after school. Students are  even suing Harvard University for lack of jobs in law. Many students pour their hard earned cash into school, just to become jobless afterwards.

Arianna Peguero, a close friend and USF graduate, has been struggling for months trying to get a job.  “It makes no sense that such a high demanding job is so hard to obtain,” says Arianna. “If it is this hard for a college student to find jobs in nursing, you know something is wrong.”

Even nurses who have been working for years have noticed some unemployment. It’s time to find out what’s going on. Walking into Barns and Noble, I sit down and greet my neighbor and close friend, Jeanette Held, a nurse of 15 years. Over the past few years, she has noticed that many of her co-workers have been working full-time, living little to no space for new applicants.

Held is aware of the current state of nursing, and provides a great explanation of what is going on.

“Over the past two years, I’ve noticed that older nurses want to keep their jobs while nurses who use to work part time, now work full-time,” said Held.  “This could very well be the reason that college graduates aren’t getting the jobs they deserved,” says Held, “Older nurses aren’t leaving the field as much as they use to.”  If this is the case, nursing will become yet another job which will become hard to obtain by college graduates.

Over the past few years, college students have been struggling to find jobs in this current economy,things are only getting worse.  The only thing we can do is .  The only they can do is sit back and watch the unemployment rate skyrocket.

Comments

6 Responses to “Nursing in danger”

1. Cialis on February 9th, 2012 4:52 am

letter of thanks for sharing your opinion here. I really honor it.

[Reply]

2. jobs online on February 9th, 2012 9:12 am

I’d want to take a break and get a new job.

[Reply]

3. Ayana on February 14th, 2012 10:16 pm

It really is difficult to get skilled people on this matter, however you be understood as you understand exactly what you are talking about! Thanks a lot

[Reply]

4. wedding cake stand on February 16th, 2012 6:03 pm

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.

[Reply]

5. louis vuitton shop on February 24th, 2012 6:03 am

Very interesting topic , thanks for putting up. “The great leaders have always stage-managed their effects.” by Charles De Gaulle.

[Reply]

6. Merri Watterson on February 25th, 2012 3:15 am

Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and include almost all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*